Have you eaten breakfast yet? Do you need a delicious easy recipe to whip up? This one is so good! How can you go wrong with cinnamon roll cake! It also will feed quite a few people. Recipe below. Ingredients: Cake: 1 box vanilla cake mix 1 (3.4oz) pkg. vanilla …
Breakfast type pastry items always appeal to me, but we ate this as more of a dessert. I think it could go either way. I had a hard time making it how Butterwithasideofbread.com made it, but it was still really good and there was hardly any left. Recipe below! Ingredients: 1 can …
I have never had Challah bread and I have never made French toast. I have eaten plenty of French toast in my day, but never knew how to make it. Today, I made it, with help from mom of course. My coworker’s dad owns a bakery and she gave me …
Once in awhile I like to get ambitious and make something I wouldn’t normally make. You can easily buy bagels at the store and you actually can easily make them too, as long as you have the time. Recipe below from Naturalchow.com. Ingredients Dough: 1½ cups warm water (110° F) 1 …
I love my skillet and I love cinnamon rolls. I couldn’t go wrong with this recipe. It is super easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. Recipe below! Ingredients: Cinnamon Roll Cake 1 packages Buttermilk Biscuits (I have a smaller skillet so you should adjust based on …
I promised my coworkers on Friday that I would bring in donuts for them on Monday. I used a different recipe than the one yesterday so I wanted to share because I think this one is way better than yesterday’s. Recipe Below! Ingredients: 5 tablespoons butter, softened ½ cup sugar …
I told you on Friday I was making donuts, and I have kept my promise!My donut pan makes 6 donuts, so I made them with 3 different toppings, powdered sugar, glaze, and cinnamon sugar. Recipe Below! Ingredients 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar 1 teaspoon …
Who doesn’t love a good danish? I love all those sweet breakfast foods so I was bummed the other day when I went to eat a coffee cake at my parents house and it was starting to mold. I decided then I was going to just make my own. It …
Who doesn’t love bread? I am still full from my Disney extravaganza yesterday that I didn’t even want to eat this bread after I baked it. I did though, obviously, and it was delicious! I don’t love a lot of blueberries in general, but the combination of blueberries and lemon work really well together. Recipe below!
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter an 8×4 inch loaf pan, line the bottom and two sides of the pan with the parchment paper, as shown in the photo.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- In the same bowl where you combined flour, add blueberries and toss them in 2 tablespoons of flour. This will help prevent blueberries from sinking.
- Fold in lemon zest, and blueberries into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 40 minutes on a wire rack.
I don’t have a zester tool so my lemon zest was a bit too large so that was unfortunate, but overall still very good. I put butter on my piece and it was excellent.
What do you do when you have leftover buttermilk? Google buttermilk recipes of course! This one is really good and you can use your discretion for the lemon glaze. In fact, any type of glaze would taste amazing on this. Recipe below. Cake 13.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3 cups) …