I have been seeing this recipe on Pinterest pretty much since I joined the site. I have always wanted to try it, but I never buy bananas. It is not my favorite fruit. I had an extra banana though this weekend and decided to give this a whirl. At first …
Warning: Delicious recipe below! Normally Amish Bread has a more complicated process, but this recipe is so easy and so fast, you will love it. The cinnamon & sugar crust on the top is the only reason you need to bake this bread. The ingredient list is minimal and you …
Happy September! September to me means fall and apple orchards. Unfortunately, I cannot find a good apple orchard donut like they have in Michigan, and I don’t get a fall in Florida. It is just hot and rainy. With September in mind, I thought these mini donut muffins would be …
Good morning! If you haven’t already eaten breakfast, make these scones! They are very delicious and very light. I had some troubles making them, but really they are very easy. I have learned that fresh raspberries are very hard to work with so use at your own discretion. Weight Watcher’s …
Orange Sherbert Cake is perfect for the summer! It is so light and refreshing, not to mention, very easy to make! There are only a few ingredients and there is no baking involved. Recipe below.
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 11 oz. box Nilla Wafers, finely crushed
- 1.5 quart sherbet, softened
- Beat the whipping cream with the sugar and vanilla until fairly stiff.
- In medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the whipped whipping cream with the crushed Nilla Wafers, (reserving 1 cup of the Nilla Wafer crumbs for the top).
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass pan and press the cookie crust mixture on the bottom.
- Spread softened sherbert over the top evenly.
- Spread remaining whipped whipping cream over sherbet.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs over the top and freeze.
- Let set in freezer at least 3 hours before serving.
You can substitute the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla with regular cool whip. I have never made my own whip cream so knowing how to make it now has blown my mind. (It’s the little things)
This is so delicious! It has a creamsicle taste to it with the orange sherbert and whipped cream combination. The crust is just perfect. I don’t really know how anyone could not like it.
Some of you may have heard of this, others may have not. I have never heard of this and I was very interested in how this would even work. I still am not sure how this worked out. You can apparently use any flavor ice cream you want. I used …
If there is one breakfast food that I really love it is Cinnamon Rolls! I found an alternative version for those doing weight watchers and thought I would give it a try. If you aren’t on weight watchers, you might just end up eating all of them. They are so delicious!!
This is probably the easiest banana bread recipe ever. There are only 3 ingredients! I decided I would make mine to take up to Disney World with my family that is visiting from out of state. I made it gluten free so that my cousin would be able to have some. I have never made anything with gluten free anything so I was a bit nervous for how it would come out. Let’s see how it turned out!
1 box yellow cake mix (I used the gluten free yellow cake mix)
1. Mash up the 3 bananas and mix with the eggs.
2. Mix in the yellow cake mix
3. Bake for 40 minutes at 350.
I think I should have mashed the bananas more, but I think it still came out just fine. Made my kitchen smell amazing. My cousin has given the seal of approval, it is very good!!
Sorry, the post is late today. It has been a very busy weekend with a kitchen under construction. Now this recipe is something everyone can make when they have no time and only a kitchen table to work on. It is so easy and only 2 ingredients!
1 box pudding (your choice!)
2 cups of milk
Mix 1 package pudding with 2 cups of milk.
Pour into popsicle molds.
Freeze. (I froze mine for 9 hours)
So easy and so very delicious!
Happy Sunday! The weekend sure does fly by! Today I give you Raspberry Crumb Bars. I really enjoyed these and there aren’t a lot of ingredients. It is super easy to make and I think everyone will love them.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (old fashioned)
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam, seedless if preferred
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang of foil on two sides. Grease foil. (I used parchment paper so I didn’t have to grease anything)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in oats and brown sugar, and use clean fingertips as needed to break up brown sugar clumps. Add butter, and using fingertips, work butter into mixture until evenly moistened.
- Add 2 cups of the oat mixture to the prepared baking dish and press into an even layer. Spread raspberry jam into an even layer over oat layer, coming within 1/4-inch of all edges. Sprinkle top evenly with remaining oat mixture, then slightly press into jam layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 34 – 38 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: adapted from allrecipes
I used All Natural Red Raspberry Jam from Smuckers. You can use seedless if you prefer. I cut mine into 16 pieces and for my friends out there on weight watchers, that would be 4 pts +. If you cut them into 9 pieces that would be 5 pts +. I think you could eat it for breakfast or dessert.