Yesterday was mom’s birthday and so I wanted to make a dessert that had her favorite things; Carrot Cake and Cheesecake came to mind. If I could put them together in one dessert it would be perfect. Well, I was able to put them together and major deliciousness happened. I …
Orange Sherbert Cake is perfect for the summer! It is so light and refreshing, not to mention, very easy to make! There are only a few ingredients and there is no baking involved. Recipe below.
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 11 oz. box Nilla Wafers, finely crushed
- 1.5 quart sherbet, softened
- Beat the whipping cream with the sugar and vanilla until fairly stiff.
- In medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the whipped whipping cream with the crushed Nilla Wafers, (reserving 1 cup of the Nilla Wafer crumbs for the top).
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass pan and press the cookie crust mixture on the bottom.
- Spread softened sherbert over the top evenly.
- Spread remaining whipped whipping cream over sherbet.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs over the top and freeze.
- Let set in freezer at least 3 hours before serving.
You can substitute the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla with regular cool whip. I have never made my own whip cream so knowing how to make it now has blown my mind. (It’s the little things)
This is so delicious! It has a creamsicle taste to it with the orange sherbert and whipped cream combination. The crust is just perfect. I don’t really know how anyone could not like it.
If you live in Florida, you have been pretty hot lately. This strawberry pie will cool you down. it is so refreshing and light that you will want a second piece. This is a great dessert for any day of the week. It is a very easy recipe and would …
If there is one breakfast food that I really love it is Cinnamon Rolls! I found an alternative version for those doing weight watchers and thought I would give it a try. If you aren’t on weight watchers, you might just end up eating all of them. They are so delicious!!
Don’t worry, I am back! I was on vacation last weekend. That actually brings me to the idea for this Sunday’s post. We were in a lot of stores selling fudge so since being back home that is all I could think about. I decided to make some on my own and this recipe is so simple I couldn’t pass it up.
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1. Line a square 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Over low heat, in a medium sized pot, add the chocolate chips, condensed milk and salt, and stir with a wooden spoon until chips are melted.
3. Remove from heat and add the vanillas. (If you don’t have vanilla paste, just double up on the vanilla extract.)
4. Pour into the parchment lined baking pan and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 4 hours until firm.
The fudge is so good, who needs to buy it already made! I had some extra Heath Toffee pieces so I decided to throw them in when I was mixing in the vanilla extract. It gives the fudge a bit of a crunch and adds an extra flavor. I would say you could mix in anything you want before you pour it in the pan to let it set.
This is probably the easiest banana bread recipe ever. There are only 3 ingredients! I decided I would make mine to take up to Disney World with my family that is visiting from out of state. I made it gluten free so that my cousin would be able to have some. I have never made anything with gluten free anything so I was a bit nervous for how it would come out. Let’s see how it turned out!
1 box yellow cake mix (I used the gluten free yellow cake mix)
1. Mash up the 3 bananas and mix with the eggs.
2. Mix in the yellow cake mix
3. Bake for 40 minutes at 350.
I think I should have mashed the bananas more, but I think it still came out just fine. Made my kitchen smell amazing. My cousin has given the seal of approval, it is very good!!
Sorry, the post is late today. It has been a very busy weekend with a kitchen under construction. Now this recipe is something everyone can make when they have no time and only a kitchen table to work on. It is so easy and only 2 ingredients!
1 box pudding (your choice!)
2 cups of milk
Mix 1 package pudding with 2 cups of milk.
Pour into popsicle molds.
Freeze. (I froze mine for 9 hours)
So easy and so very delicious!
Happy Sunday! The weekend sure does fly by! Today I give you Raspberry Crumb Bars. I really enjoyed these and there aren’t a lot of ingredients. It is super easy to make and I think everyone will love them.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (old fashioned)
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam, seedless if preferred
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang of foil on two sides. Grease foil. (I used parchment paper so I didn’t have to grease anything)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in oats and brown sugar, and use clean fingertips as needed to break up brown sugar clumps. Add butter, and using fingertips, work butter into mixture until evenly moistened.
- Add 2 cups of the oat mixture to the prepared baking dish and press into an even layer. Spread raspberry jam into an even layer over oat layer, coming within 1/4-inch of all edges. Sprinkle top evenly with remaining oat mixture, then slightly press into jam layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 34 – 38 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: adapted from allrecipes
I used All Natural Red Raspberry Jam from Smuckers. You can use seedless if you prefer. I cut mine into 16 pieces and for my friends out there on weight watchers, that would be 4 pts +. If you cut them into 9 pieces that would be 5 pts +. I think you could eat it for breakfast or dessert.
Happy First Day of June!!
Today I give you 2 recipes. Both of which came out good enough to eat, but not amazing. You all may have better luck, so let’s get on with it.
First up, Ham and Bean Soup. This one was kind of winged while at the grocery store, so not a lot of preparation went into it. It was also really easy to put throw together. I used a crock pot, so I dumped everything into it and let it do the work.
16 ounces of beans
8 cups of water
Bone of ham (I used the leftover bone from the ham from Easter)
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup chopped carrots
1/2 stalk of celery (chopped)
1 cup chopped onions
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp white ground pepper
2 bay leaves
1. Pour water in crockpot.
2. Rinse beans before putting them in crockpot.
3. Add rest of ingredients.
4. I let it cook for a few hours and then cut off the rest of the ham off the bone and served without the bone.
It was good! I would definitely give it a try.
Last but not least of the double feature, Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have been kind of craving some chocolate chip cookies lately, so I decided I should just make my own. Note to self: make sure you know how much flour you have BEFORE you are knee dip in blending everything together.
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter,softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of chocolate chips
- Combine your butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl. Next blend with a mixer, your eggs and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Then add in your baking soda and salt. Slowly add in your flour until its all blended thoroughly. Last fold in your chocolate chips. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls onto a lined with parchment paper baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 11-12 minutes.
Ok, so this is a major fail on my part because I ran out of flour. Since I didn’t have all 2 cups of flour, it was too soft to roll into balls. I had to just use a spoon and drop them on the pan. They are pretty flat and I had to pay attention to the timing because they would burn if I cooked them the whole time.
They still taste good, they are a bit chewy, but definitely edible and enjoyable. Always check your ingredients before you start cooking!
First off, Happy Mother’s Day to all the mom’s out there! Most of us probably couldn’t make it through life without you, so thank you for all you do for us kids!
Since it is Mother’s Day, I wanted to make a dessert that I knew mom would love. I have actually never eaten a cannoli, and have no idea what it is supposed to taste like so I didn’t want to trust a recipe I found on the internet. Instead, my cousin in New Jersey has given me a great Cannoli Dip recipe!
2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
8oz Cream Cheese
1 1/2 Cup Confectioners Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
Drain the Ricotta Cheese overnight in a cheese cloth (they sell them at Target or Bed Bath and Beyond). Mix Ricotta Cheese with the Cream Cheese, Sugar, Vanilla, and Chocolate Chips. Sprinkle some Chocolate Chips on top and chill until it’s time to eat. You can use broken up waffle cones to dip with. You can also buy a pie crust, cut small circles, sprinkle with cinnamon and coarse brown sugar and bake about 8 min.
Very easy recipe, takes no time at all to make! Now, this being my first time trying it, I must say I can’t believe I have never eaten one before. This is so delicious! A little too much dairy for me, but who cares about that allergy anyways!
Thumbs up all around from the family on this one!