This an easy recipe and it could be an easy 4th of July recipe. I found this recipe on BettyCrocker.com and it is delicious. Recipe below.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries and blackberries
- 1 container cream cheese frosting
- Powdered sugar, as desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, softened butter, egg and flour until soft dough forms.
- Gently fold in strawberries and blackberries. Drop by about 40 two-level-teaspoonful portions 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Spread bottom of 1 cookie with frosting. Top with another cookie, bottom side down.
I used blueberries instead of blackberries. The dough got kind of wet with folding in the fruit, so the cookies took a bit longer to bake. They apparently needed more frosting, but everyone seemed to enjoy them!