You know your family has noticed you haven’t been writing your blog when they start sending you recipes! We will see how long this lasts. This one is actually a pretty easy recipe and if you like chocolate and cheesecake, this one is for you. Recipe below from Iambaker.net.
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (one egg for bottom cake layer, two eggs for filling layer)
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 16 oz confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (325 convection) and prepare and 9-inch by 3 inch round cake pan OR 9×13 dish. I used a springform pan.
- Combine the cake mix, 1 egg (you will use the other two eggs elsewhere), and 1 stick melted butter, and stir until well blended.
- Pat the mixture into prepared pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer on medium speed (or using a hand-held mixer), beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the remaining 2 eggs and the cocoa powder.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the powdered sugar. Slowly add the remaining 1 stick of melted butter. Add vanilla and continue to beat the mixture until smooth.
- Pour filling over cake mixture in pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. (check at 30 minutes with 9×13) Be careful not to overcook the cake; the center should still be a little gooey when finished baking. Let cake partially cool on a wire rack before cutting into pieces.
It was good. I don’t like cheesecake so I wouldn’t say this is my favorite dessert, but if you do like cheesecake then you should try this. It is very chocolatey, and it was pretty gooey! The family ate it up and it is H&R approved! Give it a whirl! The prep is easy, and you probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry. You’re welcome for coming back to post about this!