What do you do when you get a new toy for Christmas? Use it as soon as possible!! Toys these days includes household appliances. Got an Instant Pot for Christmas and figured Sunday was the perfect time to try it out!
Found this great recipe from Greatchowtv.com for ribs. We made a few modifications. Recipe below.
- 3-4 lbs Baby Back Ribs
- 3 cups apple juice
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Barbecue sauce of your choosing
- Pour in the apple juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Add in your rack of ribs.
- Put your instant pot on Meat/Stew and set the timer for 32 minutes.
- Once finished move the valve to venting. Once all the steam is out, open your Instant Pot and transfer ribs to a baking sheet.
- Slather with bbq sauce and bake on 400 for about 5 minutes on each side.
Potato recipe below from Hippressurecooking.com.
- 4-5 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1-2 lbs (500g – 1k) Baby or Fingerling Potatoes (however many will just cover the base of your pressure cooker)
- 1 sprig, Rosemary
- 1/2 cup Stock
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In the pre-heated pressure cooker, add the vegetable oil. When it has heated through add the potatoes, garlic and rosemary. Roll the potatoes around and brown the outside of the raw potatoes on all sides (8-10 minutes).
- Then, with a sharp knife, make a small pierce in the middle of each potato (do not stir the potatoes, anymore). Pour in the stock.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker.
- For electric pressure cookers: Cook for 7 minutes at high pressure.
- When time is up, release pressure using the Natural method – move the pressure cooker to a cool burner and do not do anything, wait for the pressure to come down on it’s own.
- Then, sprinkle everything with salt and pepper to taste and serve!
The ribs fell right off the bone and were so good. I don’t normally like ribs that much, but these were very delicious. The potatoes were good too. You probably could put in whatever ingredients you wanted into the potatoes.
Happy New Year everyone!