We have a guest baker this week!
My mom had a Christmas party this weekend and she made this delicious mousse recipe. She found a great recipe from Dani’s Cookings. Her guests ate it up, so I think you all should try it. Recipe below!
- 400 ml heavy cream
- 100 g white chocolate
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 200 g raspberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tbs sugar
White and dark chocolate mousse:
- Before starting to prepare the mousse, refrigerate 300 ml of the heavy cream for 6 to 8 hours in the top rack of the fridge. For best results place also the bowl and the beaters of the mixer for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- In a large mixing bowl whip 150 ml heavy cream until very thick.
- In a medium heatproof bowl combine while chocolate, broken into pieces and 50 ml heavy cream (not refrigerated). Place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir until the chocolate melts.
- With a rubber spatula carefully fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream until homogeneous. Spoon the prepared white chocolate mousse into glasses and set aside.
- Whip the rest of the cold heavy cream (150 ml) until very thick.
- Following the above process, melt also the dark chocolate together with the remaining 50 ml heavy cream.
- Carefully fold the dark chocolate mixture into the whipped cream. Spoon the dark mousse in the glasses over the white mousse.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine raspberries and sugar. Whisk until the mixture starts to thicken: about 10-15 minutes.
- Spoon or pour the prepared sauce on top of the chocolate mousse.
- Refrigerate the mouse for 2-3 hours before serving it.
My mom didn’t make the raspberry sauce, she just used fresh raspberries. Whatever your preference is, I am sure it tastes good either way!