I had leftover pumpkin last week after making the pumpkin blondies that I needed to use it up. I brought this one into the office this week and they ate it all up! No leftovers! Recipe below.
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Grease loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Beat together sugar, oil and eggs.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to egg mixture, beating well. Periodically add the water and continue beating.
- Add pumpkin puree and beat to mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes on 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
It was very good! Everybody loved it! It is really easy to make. The longest part is just waiting for it to bake. It took a bit longer than 55 mins.