The first pumpkin recipe of the season is here. Thanks to Betty Crocker for her easy recipes. This one is the perfect not to pumpkin tasting recipe, but has enough pumpkin for your fall tastes. I didn’t have a lot of time to make this and it was so easy and quick to make, it was the perfect recipe. Recipe below.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting (from 16-oz container)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix Bar ingredients with spoon until well blended. Spread in pan.
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until light brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, at least 45 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave frosting uncovered on High 5 to 10 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle with fork over top of bar. Let stand about 30 minutes or until set. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
These were a big hit! People ate seconds and took leftovers. That is always a good sign.