We had our first ever potluck at work on Friday. It is always hard finding something to bring because most offices are limited on their kitchen appliances. Crockpots are your best bet and I have just the recipe for you. It is super easy and it is sure to be a hit with everyone.
I first had this dip at a potluck when I worked in DC. My coworker made it and it was so good, and I don’t even like buffalo anything! I had her send me her recipe. Recipe below.
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 12-oz cans of chunk chicken, drained
- 1 cup ranch dressing (liquid dressing, NOT dry mix)
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 cups)
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (do NOT use Tabasco!) to your preference for heat.
Put in a crockpot and let it cook for about 4 hours on low or 2 on high. Stir it a couple while it cooks to make sure it gets mixed as the cream cheese melts.
You can serve with tortilla chips or Fritos!
I am not going to brag, but I am pretty sure my dip was the most favorite item in the potluck and we had a lot of food! We had to “test” it, and then we had it for an appetizer until we ate it for real! That is how good this dip is. Be the potluck champion with this dip!