Well we are hunkering down for Irma and figured I might as well make some dessert to enjoy while we still had power. Tablespoon.com had an easy recipe that I could work with. I had to improvise a few ingredients because the stores are closed. Recipe below.
- 1 box white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 12 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 1 container Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip™ frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 16 Oreo cookies, chopped
- In large bowl, make cake mix as directed on box. Stir in the 12 finely crushed cookies; pour into pan.
- Bake on 350 for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In medium bowl, stir frosting and whipped topping until incorporated. Frost cooled cake; top with the 16 chopped cookies.
- To serve, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
I had to use yellow cake mix and only used vanilla frosting for my frosting, but it was delicious. Tasted like cake with Oreos! Easy recipe, even in a hurricane!