Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there!! For our Mother’s Day celebration, I was in charge of dessert. I saw a recipe for this Neapolitan ice cream cake and decided to just make it up on my own. Recipe below.
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Ingredients to make cake according to the box
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cool Whip
- Bake the cake according to the directions on the box. (I made it in a springform pan so I could make all the layers in it)
- Let the cake cool and cut the uneven top off the cake.
- Let the strawberry ice cream soften and spread on top of the chocolate cake. Freeze for an hour.
- Soften the vanilla ice cream and spread on top of the strawberry layer. Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Remove your frozen ice cream cake from the springform pan and frost the cake with the cool whip. Freeze for an hour or 2 before serving.