My Rock Crock from Pampered Chef is really my favorite thing ever! The fact that I can easily microwave and then stick that same container in the oven, makes life so much easier!! We usually have scalloped or au gratin potatoes for Easter and I am the only one who really likes them, so I tried something new this year and they were a hit. Recipe below.
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 green onions, divided
- 2 lbs unpeeled russet potatoes, cut into 1-in pieces (about 4-5 medium potatoes)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice bacon crosswise into ¼-in. slices. Cook bacon in Rockcrok® Casserole over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, slice green onions. Reserve 1 tbsp green tops for garnish. Remove bacon to paper towel-lined plate (do not drain drippings); set aside.
- Place potatoes, stock and remaining onion bottoms into Casserole. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are very tender, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Remove Casserole from microwave. Add yogurt, salt and pepper to potatoes. Using Mix ‘N Chunk, coarsely mash and mix potatoes until well blended.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Remove Casserole from oven. Top with bacon and reserved green onions.