Good morning!! I usually mooch breakfast off my parents on Sunday, but I slept in for a change and missed it. I keep a pretty bare fridge so that means, no milk. How do you make pancakes without milk? Beer! I had one bottle of beer left so figured why not! Believe it or not this recipe came from MDHealth.com. Recipe below.
- 1 cup, sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beer
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tsp. cooking spray or vegetable oil
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 beaten egg
- Add all the dry ingredients such as flour, baking powder, sugar and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Then add in the liquids as egg, melted butter and beer. Beat well until frothy and bubbly.
- Heat a pan, a skillet or griddle and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour into a circle cook until both sides are golden-brown.
So, they taste a little like beer. I am not sure if the type of beer matters, but I used Yuengling. They actually tasted better than I thought. All you smell is beer when you are mixing the batter, but once cooked they aren’t terrible. I probably wouldn’t make them again, but if you like beer and out of milk, go for it!