I first had zucchini lasagna back when I had to go gluten free. It was really good so I decided to make it for dinner tonight. It didn’t take too long to make and it’s amazingly delicious. Who needs noodles! Recipe below.
- Ricotta Cheese (I bought the little container and I didn’t measure, I used the whole container and ended up throwing out a lot)
- Ground Beef
- Your favorite pasta sauce (I used Prego)
- 1 Egg
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Zucchini (I used 2 and only got 2 layers. If you want more layers, buy more zucchini)
- Mix ricotta, shredded cheese (about a cup), Parmesan cheese (as much as you want), and egg in a bowl.
- Brown ground beef. Once ground beef is browned, add pasta sauce and simmer.
- Cut zucchini into thin strips.
- Pour pasta sauce into bottom of baking dish. Put in the first layer of zucchini. Top with ricotta mixture and then ground beef mixture. Put the next layer of zucchini strips on top of that. Pour on sauce to your hearts desire and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on 400 for 30-35 minutes or until it bubbles.
*I kind of winged this recipe so measurements and timing is not accurate. If you know how to make lasagna, this is the same thing, just with zucchini.