I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was nice and full of delicious food! My dad picked out the desserts this year and he requested this one from My Baking Addiction. Recipe below.
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
4 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon salt
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped Fisher Pecans
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugars, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt and well combined and smooth.
2. Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
3. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture and use you hands to gently press it into the batter.
4. Sprinkle the top of the cake with chopped pecans and evenly drizzle the melted butter over the entire cake.
5. Bake on 350 for 40 minutes. At this point, check your cake. If the top is becoming to brown, cover the cake with a piece of foil for the remaining baking time. Continue baking an additional 10-20 minutes or until set.
6. Chill for a few hours before serving.
It’s a very easy recipe. I will admit, I forgot the melted butter for about 30 minutes of it baking. Whoops!! I put it on and everything turned out great! I don’t like nuts so I only put a little on one side.
It was very good! Dad had a good pick with this one. The Mincemeat pie……not so much!