This one comes all the way from my cousin’s kitchen in Michigan, one of my favorite guest bloggers. If you want French toast for one, then this is for you. Recipe below.
1 piece of buttered bread – we used challah and I would totally recommend if you have it
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
a pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of chocolate chips – we used mini chocolate chips which melted really nicely
Powdered sugar (optional)
Cinnamon sugar (optional)
1. In your microwavable mug, mix together the egg, milk, syrup, cinnamon and salt until all combined.
2. Cut your bread into square bit sized pieces.
3. Add the bread to the mug and press them down so they are submerged within the liquid.
4. Add the chocolate chips to the mug and give a little stir to incorporate them in the mixture.
5. Sprinkle the optional cinnamon sugar on top.
6. Microwave for a total of 2 minutes stopping every 30 seconds (count to ten and start again – this is so it doesn’t explode in your microwave)
7. Let cool for about 1-2 minutes
8. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top