My mom makes this soup all the time and my parents love it. I didn’t know until today that this recipe came out of a newspaper. I thought she made it up! Recipe below.
1 tbsp olive oil
3 gloves chopped garlic
1/2 cup white wine or dry vermouth
1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
1 package (9 ounces) fresh tortellini
1 bunch baby spinach
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 sprigs fresh oregano or basil
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic; cook until golden, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in wine; heat to a boil. Cook until wine is slightly syrupy, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, heat to a boil.
- Add tortellini; cook according to package.
- 2 minutes before the pasta is done, stir in the spinach; cook until the spinach wilts slightly.
- Season with pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with oregano or basil.