I have missed a couple Sunday’s, so I am going to give you two recipes today! We celebrated mom’s birthday today so it was a perfect time to make some homemade items. For the first recipe, we have Homemade Macaroni & Cheese.
1 pound pasta of your choice
½ cup butter
½ cup flour
4 cups milk
6 cups freshly shredded sharp or white Cheddar
1 tablespoon salt
up to 1 tablespoon pepper
1. Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions.
2. While you are making the pasta, melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Sprinkle in flour and whisk and cook 2-3 minutes. Add in salt and pepper.
4. Slowly pour in 4 c. milk whisking until smooth and heating to a low boil until thickened. Do not stop until thick. Remove from heat.
5. Grease a 9×13 baking dish and add the hot pasta to the dish. Over the top sprinkle the freshly shredded cheese. Pour the cream sauce over the hot pasta and cheese and let it sit until the cheese melts. Stir everything together.
6. Top with shredded cheese and bread crumbs.
7. Bake on 325 for 12-15 minutes.
Our second recipe is the big winner of the day! Homemade ice cream cake using a springform pan!
2 types of your favorite ice cream.
1. Line the bottom of your springform pan with parchment paper.
2. Crush Oreos and mix with a few tablespoons of melted butter. Place mixture on bottom of pan and make sure they are packed in tightly. Freeze for an hour.
3. Soften your first layer of ice cream. I used chocolate as my bottom layer. Once soften spread over the Oreo mixture. Freeze for an hour.
4. Melt your hot fudge and let stand at room temperature. I did not wait for the hot fudge to cool down and ended up with a chocolate ice cream/hot fudge mixture. Pour the hot fudge and spread it over your layer of ice cream. Freeze for an hour.
5. Soften your second layer of ice cream. I used Snickers ice cream. Spread ice cream over hot fudge layer. Freeze for an hour or overnight.
6. The next morning is when I frosted the ice cream cake with the cool whip. Use a knife to cut around the edges and release the springform pan. Frost the cake with cool whip like you would a normal cake. Freeze for an hour.
7. Decorate your cake!