This one comes from my cousin. She made a cake for her son’s birthday this weekend with his name in it. As soon as I saw it, I knew I needed to share it. It’s pretty cool and I wish someone would make a cake with my name in it. It works best with a 3-4 letter name (mine is 3 soooo definitely someone could make his happen, just sayin).
My cousin got the recipe here A Moment with Madam Meko. I will break it down really simple for you.
- Bake a square cake like you would following the instructions on the cake mix box.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out the letters of the name you want in the cake.
- Mix another cake mix and put batter in the bottom of a tall pan.
- Place cut out letters into the batter.
- Mix another cake mix and pipe in the batter over the letters so they are completely covered.
- Bake until done! My cousin baked hers for an hour and it still came out moist and delicious.
Looks amazing and I wish I could have been there to eat it. It makes a pretty big cake because of how tall the letters are. Make sure your pan is tall enough for that.
Good work Jen!!