I love my skillet and I love cinnamon rolls. I couldn’t go wrong with this recipe. It is super easy to make and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. Recipe below!
Cinnamon Roll Cake
1 packages Buttermilk Biscuits (I have a smaller skillet so you should adjust based on your skillet size)
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp milk
1. Using your hand flatten out each biscuit.
2. Dip each biscuit in the melted butter, shake off the excess and then dip the biscuit in the cinnamon sugar mixture making sure to cover both sides. Shake off the excess.
3. Roll up each biscuit and place the rolled up biscuit on the outside of a skillet in a circle fashion spiraling towards the inside of the skillet.
4. Bake for 18-20 minutes on 350 degrees.
5. Prepare the frosting by beating together the powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. Slowly add in the milk until desired consistency is reached.
6. Remove the cake and let cool for about 5-7 minutes before frosting.
You may want to bake it just a few minutes longer. The middle was still a bit doughy. It was really delicious though. We are a cinnamon roll lovin family so we are it right up for breakfast. Easy to make and doesn’t take long at all.