I have been craving chocolate chip cookies for weeks so I found a recipe that would have a fun twist that it would make it fun to share with you all. Recipe below!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup ice cream (use your favorite flavor) – I used chocolate
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions: This dough requires chilling!
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Pour into bowl. While still hot, add both sugars and mix on low until combined. Add ice cream and mix until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mix for just a few seconds, then add baking soda and salt. Mix until smooth, then mix in flour slowly. Mix dough just until it comes together, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cookies 2” apart on cookie sheets. (If you’ve chilled them longer than 4 hours you might want to press them down slightly with the palm of your hand otherwise they won’t flatten totally.) Bake for about 9-11 minutes, until they start to get golden around the edges. Cool at least 5 minutes on cookie sheets before moving to a rack to cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 1 month.
Use your favorite flavor of ice cream. The cookies will have a slight flavor from the ice cream but it won’t be overwhelming. For best results, use regular full-fat ice cream, not reduced fat, fat-free, or frozen yogurt.
I chilled mine for an hour and I should have punched them down a bit. They did not bake flat and really are more of a mound shape. I am a bit sad about them as my craving hasn’t been satisfied, but they still taste delicious. People still enjoyed them so I guess that is all that matters.