Happy Superbowl Sunday! Well, I lost a bet with my mom so guess who is making dinner for 4 Sundays? This girl! I took care of dinner #1 today. Very easy recipe. Takes only a couple minutes to put it together and then the rest of the time it is just cooking on its own. Recipe below.
- 1 whole or cut up chicken
- 3/4 beer (I used a whole can)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Place chicken in Crock Pot, breast side down.
- Pour beer over chicken.
- Sprinkle spices on bird.
- Cover and cook on high 4-5 hours, or on low 7-8 hours.
- Remove chicken carefully from slow cooker to a platter. Be careful, it will be very tender, and will fall off the bone.
Literally falls off the bone when it is done. I cooked mine for 5 hours on high and it all came apart when trying to take it out of the crock pot. It was really good and really easy to make. If you are feeling ambitious you can make a gravy with the remaining liquid.