This cake recipe has been used in my family since I was little. It is a family favorite and really only made for holidays. I still have never eaten it, but I hear I would love it. It has a lot of dairy in it though and I couldn’t eat …
Back in October we went to the Food and Wine Festival at Disney and had brunch with Carla Hall. One of the desserts she made for us was Baklava. This was the first time I had ever tried it and I loved it. Today we finally got a chance to …
I am not even going to pretend I made this recipe, we can call it Saturdays with Debbie. We found this magazine in the HGTV Magazine and both thought it would be a good one and she has been wanting to make it since. Recipe below. Ingredients: 2 apples 1 …
Who doesn’t love bread? I am still full from my Disney extravaganza yesterday that I didn’t even want to eat this bread after I baked it. I did though, obviously, and it was delicious! I don’t love a lot of blueberries in general, but the combination of blueberries and lemon work really well together. Recipe below!
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter an 8×4 inch loaf pan, line the bottom and two sides of the pan with the parchment paper, as shown in the photo.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- In the same bowl where you combined flour, add blueberries and toss them in 2 tablespoons of flour. This will help prevent blueberries from sinking.
- Fold in lemon zest, and blueberries into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 40 minutes on a wire rack.
I don’t have a zester tool so my lemon zest was a bit too large so that was unfortunate, but overall still very good. I put butter on my piece and it was excellent.