Orange Sherbert Cake is perfect for the summer! It is so light and refreshing, not to mention, very easy to make! There are only a few ingredients and there is no baking involved. Recipe below.
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 11 oz. box Nilla Wafers, finely crushed
- 1.5 quart sherbet, softened
- Beat the whipping cream with the sugar and vanilla until fairly stiff.
- In medium bowl, combine 1 cup of the whipped whipping cream with the crushed Nilla Wafers, (reserving 1 cup of the Nilla Wafer crumbs for the top).
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 glass pan and press the cookie crust mixture on the bottom.
- Spread softened sherbert over the top evenly.
- Spread remaining whipped whipping cream over sherbet.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs over the top and freeze.
- Let set in freezer at least 3 hours before serving.
You can substitute the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla with regular cool whip. I have never made my own whip cream so knowing how to make it now has blown my mind. (It’s the little things)
This is so delicious! It has a creamsicle taste to it with the orange sherbert and whipped cream combination. The crust is just perfect. I don’t really know how anyone could not like it.