Some of you may have heard of this, others may have not. I have never heard of this and I was very interested in how this would even work. I still am not sure how this worked out. You can apparently use any flavor ice cream you want. I used Chocolate Chip! It is a very easy recipe as there are only 2 ingredients. It is very different and honestly it took me 2 days to figure out how I should eat it. Recipe below!
1.5 quart tub of ice cream (I used chocolate chip ice cream)
3 cups of self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Let ice cream soften at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- In the bowl of your mixer combine ice cream with flour until the flour is incorporated.
- Scoop batter evenly into pan (I used a bundt pan, but a loaf pan would work perfectly)
- Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (I baked mine for about 50 minutes because my toothpick wasn’t clean after 35 mins)
- Invert and allow to cool completely.
First I tried it just plain. It isn’t sweet like a dessert. it is very much bread. It is a bit dry on its own, but it is good with butter on it. I tried it in the toaster, but that wasn’t right either. Finally, this morning I made it into french toast. That my friends, was the best way to eat it! A little syrup and powdered sugar on it, it was delicious. The chocolate chips in it also give it some flavor.
You can make this completely your own. You can use any flavor ice cream you want and you can eat it however you want. I am very interested to see what others come up, so if you do try it, please let me know!