If you live in Florida, you have been pretty hot lately. This strawberry pie will cool you down. it is so refreshing and light that you will want a second piece. This is a great dessert for any day of the week. It is a very easy recipe and would be perfect for a BBQ or picnic. For my weight watcher friends, this is 4 points plus. Recipe below.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- ice cubes
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed (I used the reduced fat kind)
- 1 ready-to-use reduced-fat graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz.)
1. Slice 1 cup strawberries; refrigerate for later use. Chop remaining berries; set side.
2. Add boiling water to gelatin mix; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved.
3. Add enough ice to cold water to make 1 cup. Add to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened.
4. Whisk in Cool Whip and stir in strawberries.
5. Refrigerate 20 to 30 min. or until mixture is very thick and will mound.
6. Pour into crust.
7. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm and top with strawberries.
It make a lot of filling so you could make 2 pies with the amount of filling you will have left over. I had slim pickins on my strawberries, so I topped mine with whip cream.
It was really delicious and serving size is 8 pieces. It goes quick, even when there are only 3 people eating it!