I have been doing a lot of sweet recipes lately so I wanted to try one that cannot be eaten for dessert or breakfast (or I guess these could be if that is what you are into). Being part Italian, pasta has always been a staple in my diet. I think one of my favorite dishes is stuffed shells. The recipe I followed is below. For my Weight Watchers friends, you can have 4 of these shells for 7 points. Go crazy!
2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded fat-free Mozzarella cheese
1/8 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute
1 Tbsp fresh oregano (dried works too)
1 tsp garlic powder (I would use as much or as little as your taste likes)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp table salt
24 uncooked jumbo shells
3 cups canned tomato sauce
1. Cook shells according to package instructions.
2. Drain and douse with cold water. Let drain/dry.
3. Mix cheeses (Ricotta, Mozzarella & Parmesan) with Egg Beaters. Add in garlic, black pepper, oregano.
4. Ladle sauce in bottom of pan.
5. Using a teaspoon, spoon cheese into dry, cooled shell. I used a heaping teaspoon full for each.
6. Ladle remaining sauce on top.
I used a little less than called for in the garlic department and I kind of regret not going even less. I am not big on garlic and this really gave the shells a bit of a kick. I don’t like the kick so use discretion in the garlic department depending on your tastes.
They were good though, and I think you all will like them!