Happy Sunday! The weekend sure does fly by! Today I give you Raspberry Crumb Bars. I really enjoyed these and there aren’t a lot of ingredients. It is super easy to make and I think everyone will love them.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (old fashioned)
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam, seedless if preferred
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang of foil on two sides. Grease foil. (I used parchment paper so I didn’t have to grease anything)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in oats and brown sugar, and use clean fingertips as needed to break up brown sugar clumps. Add butter, and using fingertips, work butter into mixture until evenly moistened.
- Add 2 cups of the oat mixture to the prepared baking dish and press into an even layer. Spread raspberry jam into an even layer over oat layer, coming within 1/4-inch of all edges. Sprinkle top evenly with remaining oat mixture, then slightly press into jam layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 34 – 38 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: adapted from allrecipes
I used All Natural Red Raspberry Jam from Smuckers. You can use seedless if you prefer. I cut mine into 16 pieces and for my friends out there on weight watchers, that would be 4 pts +. If you cut them into 9 pieces that would be 5 pts +. I think you could eat it for breakfast or dessert.