Happy Sunday everyone!! Hope everyone had a good weekend. This post is a little late because I needed to wait to serve it after dinner to get some opinions. I always have Disney on my brain and I have been looking at this recipe for weeks now and I figured it was time.
They serve this Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom. I have never had it so I can’t compare the taste of my outcome to theirs, but I imagine it comes pretty close. We had a big family dinner tonight so I had a few more mouths to please. Everyone said they really liked it and some even had seconds! It is a very easy dessert to make. Recipe below!
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
1 box yellow cake mix
1 large egg
1 stick butter (softened)
1. Mix ingredients.
2. Spread mixture evenly in greased baking pan.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 50 min
8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup butter
1 pound powdered sugar (sifted)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Heath Bar pieces
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix cream cheese until smooth.
3. Slowly add eggs and vanilla.
4. Add butter and mix well.
5. Add powdered sugar, slowly.
6. Add chocolate chips and toffee pieces.
7. Mix until ingredients are all just incorporated evenly — do not overmix!
8. Put on top of Cake Bottom ingredients in pan. (Usually a large muffin pan can work well for this.)
9. Bake for 35 minutes. Inside should just be slightly gooey, but not liquid.
I used an 8×8 pan and I am thinking it wasn’t the best idea. It took a lot longer to bake (an hour and 40 minutes). I definitely suggest you all use the muffin pan. On the outside it doesn’t look good (I don’t want to talk about it).
It did actually come out and was delicious!
I served mine with ice cream, and I am sure the Liberty Tree Tavern does as well. It is very rich, so I suggest using the muffin pan because then the size is a bit smaller. Everyone should definitely try it!